Check out 25 things you didn't know about JJ, right from the man himself, Jimmy John's founder and owner, Jimmy John Liautaud!
1. We slice everything fresh every day by hand, and have since 1983. We just haven't told you- now you know.
2. Our meats are all natural. No artificial preservatives or MSG- natural rocks!
3. Our in-house, baked fresh bread is sold as Day Old Bread after 4 hours old.
4. Every JJ's stays open 10 minutes past its posted closing time.
5. We make subs Freaky Fast™, 12 seconds is the record set for fastest sub.
6. Jimmy attended 2 months of college at Eastern Illinois University, home of the original store.
7. You can have your sub made any way you want, your wish is our pleasure!
8. We slice all meats and veggies fresh every day in every store.
9. Jimmy's dad was his first partner, he loaned Jimmy $25,000 to start in 1983.
10. Jimmy bought out his dad and repaid the loan in 1985.
11. The original menu consisted of 4 subs for $2.10 each and 25 cent cokes.
12. Jimmy founded the first JJ's store at 19 years old in 1983.
13. Jimmy never assigned a store #13 because it was an unlucky number- I guess it worked.
14. We slice all our produce fresh every day in every store, meats too, by hand.
15. Our meats are all natural.
16. Jimmy can't dance, or sing, but he dances and sings often.
17. Drew Brees owns 9 JJ's in New Orleans. Who dat?
18. Jimmy is a farmer and he also makes an oh-so tasty Philly steak sandwich.
19. Jimmy's the man behind the man behind the sandwich. We call it an upside down pyramid. Jimmy serves those who serve those who serve the sandwiches.
20. Our cookies are made with real butter and real vanilla and you can taste the love.
21. We spend 6 hours slicing and baking every day to make you a 30-second sandwich.
22. Our chips have a lot of chips in the bag, not a lot of air. See for yourself.
23. Did I mention our meats are all natural?
24. Since JJ began in 1983, all meats and veggies are sliced fresh every day in every store.
25. If you like the way your sub tastes, tell your pals. If you have a suggestion, write to me at Ihaveasuggestion@jimmyjohns.com. If it works, I'll implement it!