March 2010Back To Archives
Hell yea, I would listen to this on my ipod! Would you?
The Top 13 specializes in...well, Top 13 lists. Who doesn't love a Top anything list? Letterman made 'em famous, even Wayne's World had a top 10. This list ain't just 10 favorites though, we're talkin' 13. Which is a good thing, because Jimmy John's made the list at #12 as the only sub shop! Just for fun, here is "The Top 13 Fast Food Chains". Are your favorites on the list?
- In-N-Out Burger
- Taco John's
- Dairy Queen
- Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits
- Jimmy John's
- White Castle
Read more at www.thetop13.com
- Bread pudding - Made with lots of cinnamon and raisins
- French toast - French bread makes for perfect french toast
- Bread crumbs - Great for Grandma's meatloaf
- The Thanksgiving Leftover Special - Cut bread lengthwise, spread mashed potatoes on bottom, put stuffing on top, smother on gravy before placing turkey breast on top. (Optional - cranberry sauce on top of the turkey)
- Garlic Bread - A day-old bread favorite with yummy butter and garlic
- Croutons - Season with olive oil, garlic and parmesan and bake until crunchy
- Peanut Butter, Honey and Nutella chocolate spread, with slices of banana on a warm, toasty day old.
- Dip bread in olive oil and parmesan or make a balsamic-tomato bruschetta
- Italian Grilled Cheese - Not your mom's grilled cheese, switch it up with mozzarella, tomato and basil
- Pizza Bread - Cheese, salami, pepperoni, pizza sauce or toppings of your choice
This story can be found on YepYep.com, a website that is also known as "Your Daily Waste of Time."
In college we had a squirrel that lived right outside of our apartment, which was smart on his part since it wasn't uncommon for late night food to be dropped, left or forgotten before getting inside. One time he came into our apartment and dragged a piece of old pizza outside for a snack, which was an incredible site and reminded me to keep my digital camera charged in case it happened again.
We never saw him steal another slice of pizza, but we did witness him carry an entire Jimmy John's sandwich up a tree, finishing the ENTIRE thing. Truly amazing.