How's it goin Rockstars?!
What's one of the best things about Jimmy John's?! Day old bread of course!! Today's post is dedicated to my two favorite things, Jimmy John's bread and pizza! This quick and easy bread recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone!
Prep time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 13 Min.
A loaf of JJ's day old bread
Your favorite shredded cheese (I used Mozzerella)
Ungreased metal pan
Step 1: Gather all the ingredients and preheat the over to 350 degrees. Cut the loaf into fours.
Step 2: Cover the bread in lots of pizza sauce.
Step 3: Put LOTS (or little) shredded cheese on the bread.
Step 4: Put pepperoni on bread.
Step 5: Bake in oven for 13 minutes and bon appétit!
This recipe is perfect for a quick delicious meal! It's super easy to make, your tastebuds will thank you!
Hey Rockstars! Paulina (Jimmy John's Social Media Intern) here, hoping everyone had a rad 4th of July weekend.
One of the best things about working in the Social Media Department is seeing how much people love and appreciate Jimmy John's. Our days are made by amazing fans, like you, who share their awesome love of JJ's.
Don't worry, the dedication and love doesn't go unnoticed! Jimmy John's strives to make fans happy and one of these ways is some freaky-awesome JJ schwagg! But these fans aren't possible without our Rockstars workin' hard and rockin' out freaky-fast sammies!
On June 4th one the fastest rappers, Twista, tweeted at us and showed his love for our sammies! @JimmyJohns and @TWISTAgmg went back and forth in a mini rap battle. Check it out!
Then I got to make the famouse rapper a SWAG box. Twista shared the love with his Instagram followers!
Keep on swaggin' Rockstars!
Sweet article from The Daily Meal. Check it!
Founder Jimmy John Liautaud Was at the Bottom of His Class
Liautaud graduated second-to-last in his high school class, and he opened the first location when he was only 19.
Everything is Made Fresh
Bread is baked fresg throughout the day, meat is sliced in the store, produce is cut fresh every morning, and tuna salad is made on-premises as well. If you want day-old bread you can purchase it for just 50 cents, but be warned: it'll be pretty stale.
All The Add-Ons are Free if You Ask
The basic sandwiches are just meat on bread, so if you want more than that you have to ask for it. Free add-ons range from Dijon mustard to onions to hot peppers to Italian vinaigrette.
They Got Rid of Yellow Mustard
The only mustard that they'll add to your sandwich is Dijon; if you want yellow mustard you'll need to ask for packets. The reason? Efficiency: the fewer options there are, the quicker sandwiches get made. That's also why provolone is the only cheese option.
They're All About Speed
After you place your order (all at once, as opposed to Subway's piecemeal approach), you should receive your sandwich within 30 seconds. If you order sandwiches for delivery, odds are it'll be out the door in less than four-minutes.
There are Some Secret Menu Items
The famed Gargantuan contains one portion of every meat they offer, except for tuna and bacon. If you want double meat, order a Noah's Ark; if you want tuna and bacon on it as well, that's called a Chuck Norris. You can also order a Slim BLT, but most likely only managers will know what you're talking about. It's an 8 inch roll with six slices of bacon inside.
It's Almost 100% Franchises
A significant percentage of most chains are corporate-owned; In-n-Out is 100% corporate-owned, McDonald's is about ten percent. At Jimmy John's it's all about the franchisees, however: 98 percent of all locations are franchise-owned.
They Add 210 New Jobs Per Week
With new locations opening nearly every day, Jimmy John's creates about 210 new jobs per week. Since 1983 about 45,000 jobs have been created in total.
You Can Buy Jimmy John's Boxers
There's a pretty solid online store where you can stock up on Jimmy John's merchandise, from duffel bags to winter coats. If you really want to, you can also buy a pair of "Free Smells" Jimmy John's boxers for $10.
By Dan Myers
Get a ten dollar JJ gift card. Post a pic of you eating your favorite JJ sandwich and tell us when you first fell in love with Jimmy John’s. First 500 love notes posted to my FB wall with selfies labeled “JJ gave me a gift card for my sandwich selfie” gets a ten dollar gift card, have fun! Jimmy John #JJSelfie
Hey Rockstars! It's Paulina here, the Social Media Intern!
I'm super stoked to be a part of the fabulous JJ Rockstars Facebook page and can't wait to share all the awesomeness of Jimmy John's with you. I'm going to show you how totally rad it is to be a part of the JJ Team and what it means to be a Rockstar!
But before we start this wonderful new relationship, you should learn a little about me:
My name is Paulina Nottingham. I was born in West Virginia, lived in South Carolina, and finally ended up in beautiful Champaign, Illinois. I'm an incoming sophomore volleyball player at West Virginia Wesleyan College. (Take me hommmee, country roadsss) I'm studying marketing and loving every second of it. When I'm not in the office you can catch me playing volleyball, watching Netflix, and taking selfies with my JJ sammies!
Well that's all for now folks! Don't forget to check back here throughout the summer for some freaky-awesome Jimmy John's fun, facts, and probably more selfies.
Until we meet again,
Check out number #38! Rock on!
Despite what many people think, your twenties are honestly the perfect time to be single. These are the years you are growing into your own person, adjusting to the new world of adulthood and being exposed to things you never have been exposed to before.
You are living on your own, exploring new cities, interacting with all different types of people — all while gaining new experiences. How are you supposed to fully invest in yourself during this time if you spend it preoccupied with someone else?
Of course, people won’t agree with me, but this is my personal outlook of what I learned by being single in my twenties. Hopefully you can relate and, if not, I’ll see you in the comment section.
1. Calling a guy nice should be a compliment rather than an insult
2. After a while, it’s not as bad as it’s perceived to be
3. Over-analyzing text messages is the quickest way to drive yourself crazy
4. The best response is typically no response
5. You always have to pay for dinner… even if it’s not in cash
6. Conversation is the most important factor
7. …Aside from sex
8. Just because someone loves you does not mean that person understands you
9. You should always be your number one priority, no matter how often your relationship status fluctuates
10. If he’s too good to be true, ignore the truth until you can’t any longer and promise to learn better the next time
11. Don’t overlook your friends for a guy
12. A steady rotation is never a bad thing
13. However, it gets really awkward when those in the rotation meet one another
14. You will not find your soul mate via a dating app
15. However you will download and delete dating apps at least three times before realizing this
16. It doesn’t matter how many pairs of flats you purchase, he will never get any taller
17. There are certain people who make better lovers than partners
18. Exes are your exes for a reason
19. If you go digging for dirt, you’ll find it and you’ll regret it every f*cking time
20. If you think he’s just not that into you, well then he probably is just not that into you
21. You can’t always listen to everyone’s advice, you have to go with your gut
22. However, your family can often times give you the best advice
23. Being positive will make you a happier person
24. Casual sex can and will be fun, but the eventual love making can be even better
25. Being independent or thrown into a tough situation is the best way to grow into yourself
26. Sometimes you don’t know what you don’t like until you come into contact with it
27. Cry hard about something that upset you and never cry about the same thing again
28. It’s perfectly okay to stay in on the weekends with your best friend, watch "Law and Order" and complain about how single you both are
29. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
30. Exercise for yourself not for someone else
31. Cheaters usually repeat their mistakes
32. Don’t try and be someone you’re not
33. Do not cyber stalk the sh*t out of the other person before going on a date — getting to know the other person is the point of the date
34. Trying new things and having fun is the best way to figure out what it is that you want
35. Don’t purposely lead people on, it’s just cruel
36. How to assemble your own furniture
37. It’s beyond beneficial to carry a mini hair brush in your purse on a night out, oh and concealer
38. There is nothing a Jimmy John’s sandwich can’t cure
39. Boys are not worth wasting a day’s makeup over
40. You discover who your die-hard friends are
41. Not every relationship you get involved in is going to be “the relationship”
42. Physical age doesn’t guarantee maturity
43. Batteries control every important electronic aspect of your life
44. Friendships can be your most intense relationships
45. Don’t complain about something or someone you’re putting up with
46. Looks are far from everything
47. People don’t change and it’s rude to try and make them because of selfish reasons
48. You can’t rush what’s meant to be
49. When you give certain men an inch, they will take a yard
50. How freeing it is not to have to answer to anyone
51. Your phone battery will last a lot longer without a boyfriend
52. There’s never a good enough reason for a seven-scroll text message
53. You don’t need a boy to define you
54. Receiving “heyyyy” after 1 am means he’s trying to f*ck you, not date you
55. You need to create a happy medium between eating your feelings and burning them off
56. You will never feel better after sleeping with your ex
57. Forgiving someone makes you the stronger person, not the weaker one
58. It’s important to know when you need to apologize
59. Sometimes you just outgrow loving someone
60. Your past does not define you, but it can teach you valuable life lessons
61. Anything you want and need to do can be done on your own
62. Sometimes love just isn’t enough
63. Often it means more to trust someone than to love that person
64. The more anger you carry with you, the harder finding and accepting love will be
65. You should never stay with someone out of comfort or convenience
66. Honesty is mostly the best policy
67. Any and all relationships you encounter in your life will teach you a lesson, even if you are unsure what it is at the moment
68. You can’t make someone love you
69. Loving someone does not always translate into being with that person
70. It’s usually best to think with your head and not your heart, but that is not usually what happens
71. Heartbreak will never get easier but you will learn how to manage it
72. Only you can determine your self-worth
73. Invest in a hobby, it’ll help you remain sane
74. There comes a certain breaking point when you just need to let someone go
75. Looking for love is the surest way to never find it
76. Do not let where others are at in their lives overwhelm or consume you
77. Always choose deep and simple over shallow and complex
78. Before you love another you must love yourself
79. Love and lust are two very, very distinct things and the sooner you realize the difference, the better off you will be
80. Once a creeper, always a creeper
81. Men are not mind readers so don’t get mad when they don’t know what’s going on inside your head
82. For some reason some people just can’t seem to take a hint regardless of how obvious it is
83. Mostly everyone deserves a second chance, but it should be given with caution
84. What’s meant to be will be, or at least that’s what you will keep telling yourself
85. If a guy will cheat on his girlfriend with you, he will do the same to you if he ever leaves her
86. Comparing yourself to someone else will only make you feel worse
87. You end up with what you settle for
88. Do not settle because you are bored or lonely
89. Warning: Your ex-boyfriend from college is probably the same exact person in the post-grad world
90. If you keep telling yourself there are no good, available men, then there are no good, available men
91. You are always responsible for how you act no matter how you feel
92. If he doesn’t want to get in touch with you, he won’t get in touch with you and if he does, then he will
93. For some reason as soon as you act like you’re not interested in someone, that person will start acting like he is interested in you
94. The best way to forget about a one-night stand is to delete his phone number, if you even got that far
95. If you don’t have someone by October 1, you most likely won’t have someone all winter
96. Don’t fake it because then he will never learn
97. No guy is worth changing yourself for
98. Dancing around your apartment, blasting music while crying is the best form of therapy
99. Just because you’re single doesn’t mean no one loves you"
By: Ashley Fern