Freaky Fast Blog
Where we share the stuff you share with us.
Wanna order Jimmy John's like the sandwich eating pro you are? Wanna pick up the cutie behind you in line? Wanna switch up your regular sandwich to retain a little ~mystery~? All the answers are below 👇
1. Let's start with the basics: LBI & TBO
Sub sammies (#1-6 & the JJBLT) automatically come with a little bit of your bread taken out. If ya want to keep all that yummy pillowy goodness, tell us LBI ( Leave Bread In). Club sandwiches (#7-17 & the JJ Gargantuan) automatically come with all your bread left in, but if ya dig a little less, tell us TBO (Take Bread Out).
Voila! Pretty simple, eh?
2. Wanna kick your sammie up a notch? Tell us to Jimmy it Up and you'll get your sandwich just the way our founder JJ likes it- slathered in yummy Italian vinaigrette, onions, hot cherry peppers and oregano-basil. It's off the charts delicious!
3. If you ever want to feed a family of 9 or host your own eating contest or if you're just really, really hungry, the Dubbugutbustah is exactly what you're looking for. It's just a fancy way to order two JJ Gargantuans that will make you look like a straight baller.
4. Your basic JJ Gargantuan comes with 5 meats, one cheese and loads of veggies. If you're feeling really hungry, the Noah's Ark is just what you're looking for. It comes with two portions of each meat. Get it?
5. A Gargantuan with bacon and tuna sound delicious? You're gonna want a Chuck Norris. I think the name explains itself.
With great knowledge comes great sandwich responsibility, use it wisely friends.
"My team cares, I care, that’s a beautiful thing. My team stands behind Jimmy's food the same way I do. I have their back, they have mine. My teammates reflect my leadership style, this means when I'm busy doing one thing, they are busy doing the other. That is what makes us a team and that’s why we kick butt. My team is as real as our food, I'm very proud of that."
-Richie Franke, General Manager New Berlin, WI Store #1316
“I like the opportunity to teach. As a GM I set high expectations for myself. I set the best example all the time. I love showing my team how to do things the right way. I always lead by taking that extra step or going the extra mile. I learned that if I push myself, only then will my teammates push themselves. I love teaching that.”
– Casey Davis, GM Fullerton, CA Store #3081
BY NOW YOU KNOW IT – we live in the home of the free, land of the brave, where the deer and the antelope play.
But America is not just a country my friends, America is a way of life. It's a mind set that only the boldest can embrace. And there's one day a year where we all strap on our best red, white & blue, crack open a cold can of America and blast God Bless the U.S.A. for all the world to hear.
But you know you can do better. We can all do better. So below, I present to you the top 10 ways to add a little more America to your Fourth of July.
1. Mullets. They really separate the men from the boys.
2. Eagles. If you don't have an eagle, don't talk to me.
3. Queen 🐝. Preferably in an eagle costume. (I fly (okay), I fly (okay), I fly (okay))
4. and if Hulk Hogan's free, toss him in front of an American flag with an electric guitar. He'll take you to Shred City and then it's Game. Over.
5. Now ya gotta spice it up a little with... MONSTERRRR TRUUUUUCKS .
6. and after you've done some mind blowing flips, you're gonna need to fuel back up. A whole lotta sandwiches will do the trick (and don't forget the BBQ chips because 'merica) 😉 #plug
By now all of your friends are jealous. You've got Queen 🐝 here, you're driving a sweet truck, bald eagles are soaring majestically above and you just slammed a #5 with hot peppers.
7. Now melt their faces off with a few burn outs in your driveway... NASCAR style obviously.
8. You've probably worked up a sweat. Time to chill out to the smooth, cool sound of jazz music from our 42nd President. (I think you've got a whole band blasting sweet freedom by now.)
9. Do you know what goes pretty good with jazz music? Fighter jets MAKING AN EAGLE IN THE SKY.
10. Now in one final show of your true Americanism, gather up about 70,000 fireworks and light them off. All. At. Once.
Now get out there, make Toby Keith proud, and get your America on.
Happy Fourth of July!!
"The people in the stores are genuine folks. We enjoy our work. I can tell when I'm eating somewhere when the employees aren’t into it. Every JJ store I’ve worked in, the people are genuine and happy to be there. It’s work BUT we have fun with it. When the lunch rush arrives we’re all just laughing, smiling, and cranking out sandwiches, freaky fast.”
– Dylan Vidinich, Guerilla Marketer
Everyone loves a good party.
Sorry, let me rephrase that: everyone loves GOING to a good party. Planning a party is a whole other animal.
Invitations. Food. Entertaining. It’s enough to send anyone to the drug store for a box of hair dye.
I feel you, I understand and I’m here to help.
Below are three ways Mini Jimmys are here to save the day, you party animal you.
Awesome parties take time, planning, and a rockin vibe. That’s a lot of pressure.
Before your head explodes, remember, I’ve always got your back with 12 or 24 packs of half sized sammies!
You invited people, who invited people, and suddenly you've got 45 people running around your house just waiting to cause chaos.
But the next day doesn’t have to be spent cleaning the spilled food-that you're not even sure you had at your party- off your couch, because Mini Jimmys keep the mess away.
With your mind able to focus on more important details, like who you’re inviting and the playlist, you can sit back and relax knowing it’s gonna be awesome.
Mini Jimmys are here to make your life easier. Less mess. Less stress. More memories to be made!
"The cool thing about this business is all you have to do is do it. The tough part is we have to do it every day to succeed. I have to suck it up and get the job done, and believe me it’s hard. For example, me coming in late last night, I definitely didn’t feel like leaving my family…especially after a full day of work, but I’m not going to leave my teammates stranded. I’m proud of that, and I’m mainly saying that because my wife said she was proud of me for doing that too.”
-Travis English General Manager Dallas, TX Store #2715
"I want to make a lasting impact on the world, a good impact. It could be small or big, I just want to make a change while I’m here. I feel like I’ve made a small impact on some people’s lives within the company, like making them smile, but other people in Jimmy John’s have changed me for sure. I mean my area manager kind of took me in. I was able to start as a delivery driver and work my way all the way up to General Manager. It changed my life. I didn’t expect that to happen at Jimmy John's, but that’s just what Jimmy loves to do, isn't it?"
- Matthew “Sunshine” Vogel, Rohnert Park, CA Store #9057 General Manager
"Jimmy totally has it right. We’ve got the coolest logos. We’ve got the best looking uniforms. I love this brand. Having employees come to me and say, ‘I’ve never worked anywhere longer than six months in my entire life. I love working for Jimmy John’s. I love my Jimmy job,’ that’s amazing. I never knew hard work would be the path that changed my life, and I did it."
- Rachel Klukas Owner/General Manager, San Antonio, TX #2705